Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Anniversary

I remember the day when we were reunited again, Sunday 11 February 1990. That was after The National Party government of South Africa under the leadership of President F.W. de Klerk decided to release him from prison. All along, I was leaving a life of a dog, a nobody sleeping and wearing rags.
For 27 years, I was killed, beaten, starved and always waiting for them to come and kick me for no reason.
I remember the smile in his face when he raised his fist that resembled UNITE for the first time in 27 years screaming AMANDLA without being in chains. That day I knew Change Has Come to South Africa.
I remember in 1991 when he was elected as a President of the mighty ANC in its national conference. Ohhh what a blessing………….
Now I’m looking at what is currently happening to our black ignorant people who are still fighting for power and blaming the same party that took them out of all the misery.
Breaking away from the mighty ANC to regain their power through pin pointing all the looking wrongs instead of them showing the South Africans the looking right on their side.
It’s only been 15 years, this is not even enough to finish school and start working. A lot has been done by the mighty ANC; a lot is still to be done.
My Anniversary is on the 22nd of April and I am going to renew my vows.

No comments: