Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Apology - "Xenophobic Cry"

Ohhhhh!!!! Now where do I start???
Errrrrrrrrrrrr.........Ok

It's been a long travel over the Internet
I travelled a lot of URL's using the Google Search express
I was flabbergasted to find what people are sayin' about the 1st piece I wrote about Xenophobia called Xenophobic Cry.
Some people went to an extent of plagiarising the piece.

Most important is that it made an impact in fighting this animal (Xenophobia)
It's even posted on the South African xenophobia website (http://www.xenophobia.org.za/poems.htm) and other websites as well.
It was even published on a couple of magazines/newspapers (like Ymag July issue)
Was even read live on air...........

Anyway enough about that....

The reason I write this piece to apologise to all those who felt offended and misunderstood when I referred to Zulu as the language used during the xenophobic attacks.

I never said Zulu's are attacking foreigners, I said Zulu (the language) was used to identify who's foreign and who's not (e.g what is an elbow in Zulu).

If the piece offended you, I'm truly sorry and yet reiterate, I referred to Zulu the language, not Zulu the tribe

Stay cool

Written by Deejay's heart in an apologetic state

No comments: