Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vow not to smoke again

I have been smoking for the past 11 years and for that period I have tried by all means to quit. If one is a non-smoker will surely think “but it’s simple to quit”. Yes I agree but it’s not that simple to convince a smoker that s/he does’nt need that next smoke to cope with stress, traffic, boredom, pangs, etc.

Smoking is a timing trigger that is set on a smokers mind to calculate the time spent without a smoke. After sometime I would say, damn it has been 4 hours since I last had a smoke!!…………………I need to smoke. I have read and observed my smoking habits and realised that if I can ignore smoking trigger and smoking as a whole, I can happily call myself a non smoker just by switching off that trigger.

I’m proud to say, I will no longer smoke anymore and won’t wait for the edge to wear off before I continue living a normal life without a smoke. I won’t avoid my friends who smokes, I won’t substitute a smoke with sweets, gum, sprays, etc. Why would I wanna avoid or substitute a smoke if I am free from the life threatening, money wasting, and stupidity monster called nicotine?

Don’t stress this is just a vow to myself and am sticking to it. It's up to you to join me or stay smoking for the rest of your life for no particular reason.

Written by Non-smoking Deejay

No comments: